Trendsetter Problem

Rhonda G

Hello everyone,
We currently have an ongoing problem with our Trendsetter. The entire image on the plate is shifted up to an 1/8” from the guide edge, basically crooked on the plate. This doesn’t happen on every plate but consistently happens daily at a cost of make ready time and remade plates. This is a manual Trendsetter.

If anyone has encountered this problem, what was the solution?

Best Regards

Do you have new operator loading plates?
Get your operator to be more careful and make sure plate is seated well before hitting start button.
Another thing that might help is try wiping glass with some anti static cleaner.

If it's none of this, get Kodak support.

From your descript,The setting of software would be right.You can check the find edge system.(clear reflection bar on the drum,check your plate's edge,Sr value,and so on)

We have been having this problem on one of our two machines since it was installed 1 1/2 years ago. We call Kodak, they come in and say they didn't find anything, but made some adjustments that may help, the problem goes away for a couple of months, then repeat cycle.

The first few times, we would get scan length errors (the plate is sitting crooked, so it thinks it is too tall). Once we start seeing scan length errors, we double check every plate that comes out and usually start finding more and more crooked imaged plates until we call them back in.

We also don't have an auto loader, we put 20 to 40 at a time and let the picker load them. If you manually load, the problem never happens. Unfortunately, in our shop, manually loading every plate is not an option.

I just had Kodak in on Friday doing the same thing, I didn't get a chance to talk to him on my way out, but I will let you know if he finally figured it out.

Kodak has worked on this problem but it remains unresolved.

Anyone that had a problem like this and got a solution, please let me know what solved the problem.

(I think we can rule out the operators, since it's the same operators that made plates before we had this problem.)

What Are the Exact Plate Dimensions you are using, if they are odd plate sizes, sometimes thye get cut down specially for a spiecific customer and the plates are not cut to perfect spec

Or

If you have a punching system online this CTP That might not be to perfect spec to what your plates maybe (have you had it from new)

We encountered the same issue, problem is you have a cylinder going bad (leaking air) there are 2 cylinders one on each side of the drum you probably will need to replace both of the cylinders.

Trendsetter problem

Trendsetter problem

Thanks, you were right. Maybe this info will be helpful to someone else down the road.

Re Trendsetter Problem

Re Trendsetter Problem

ZBret was right, sorry for the confusion. (My reply was posted to zBret)
Best Regards

We had a problems with squareness also. It seemed much better after one of the punches were replaced. It took several weeks to get one in from overseas.

Does it happen on all plates or a specific plate? Its possible you may have a few of the following issues; faulty LEC(Lead Edge Cylinders) cylinders left and right(leaking or timing adjustment), cracked pivot blocks on the Lead edge grippers (on drum), or loose screws that secure the left&right LEC cylinders, LEC gap needs adjustment,drum roller(blue roller) needs to be checked-timing issue or too tight on side causing crooked image, plate drop height from picker cups to registration pins incorrect, static problems(especially on thinner gauge plates). Hope this helps.

Trendsetter Problem

Oscar,
Cylinders were going bad (leaking air) on each side of the drum. Our Kodak field engineer replaced them and made otherminor adjustments. Problem happened on all plate sizes. We are ok now.
Best regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back