Trendsetter Scratching

Raymond Ramirez

I need a little assistance. My customer has a 2008 Trendsetter with an autoloader. He is in the market of switching to the azura TS plate. I knew of some issues with the trendsetter scratching Negative soft emulltion plates. I could not remember if I saw a post on PP but was sure I saw it on the internet. I tried to search on other post with no luck. Not unless someone has information on the Kit that this customer will need to get from Kodak.

I need a little assistance. My customer has a 2008 Trendsetter with an autoloader. He is in the market of switching to the azura TS plate. I knew of some issues with the trendsetter scratching Negative soft emulltion plates. I could not remember if I saw a post on PP but was sure I saw it on the internet. I tried to search on other post with no luck. Not unless someone has information on the Kit that this customer will need to get from Kodak.

We offer the "Delicate Media Kit" for plates like that which are susceptible to scratching during auto-handling. Be warned though - part of the solution is more careful handling of the plate, which means slowing down the autoloader. This may impact the productivity of the CTP - so although the Azura TS plate is supposedly faster than the original Azura, your customer may not actually see any benefit (or even suffer slowdowns). Note: I'm not sure right now if we can even qualify that plate on the TS Autoloader due to the scratch sensitivity. This particular autoloader requires removal of the slipsheets before being placed in the device, and some plates just cant handle that. (our Magnus line has full slipsheet removal, but the Trendsetter autoloader was a much simpler and lower cost design)

Your local Kodak rep or dealer can advise on the details of that kit - but let me know if you need a contact or if they need guidance on specifics.

Kevin.

Thi sis what I suspected. Thus TS plate is very prone to scratching out of the box
and further more slowing do to get more energy may not be the answer the customer
Wants to hear. If I can get the number to give to my customer I would appreciate
It.... Maybe not switching is the answer.

Thi sis what I suspected. Thus TS plate is very prone to scratching out of the box
and further more slowing do to get more energy may not be the answer the customer
Wants to hear. If I can get the number to give to my customer I would appreciate
It.... Maybe not switching is the answer.

I just checked the current Media Database. I'm not sure exactly what model of Trendsetter your customer has, but for a TS-800-IV Quantum F device with Autoloader, it is qualified - with no specific mention of delicate media handling requirements.

It's possible his device needs service (worn rollers, adjustments to guides, etc.), or that our qualification status needs to change to accomodate this scratch-sensitive media. If you need a Kodak service support number, let me know.

Also - if you can provide me the exact model of Trendsetter, I can check against that too. We do sometimes have to issue different qualifications for different configurations of devices.

Kevin.

The model is aTrendsetter 800 II AL
if this helps

TS-800-II "F speed" with Autoloader: qualified.

It sounds like either he needs a service visit to clean/adjust or replace rollers, or maybe we over-qualified the plate. Let me know if you need our help.

Kevin.

Well the truth comes out of ourdear customer.
No service contract.. No pm for 3 years and the plate
Was just thrown into the thermal direct setting....

Ha Ha!!!!!

Why why why.....
Do it right or don't do it at all... Kevin sorry about wasting
Your time.

Well the truth comes out of ourdear customer.
No service contract.. No pm for 3 years ... {snip}.

Well... given how much of a TANK the Trendsetter is, I'm not actually that surprised. But, if he's having scratching issues, it's time to get a PM done at a minimum. If there's a technical reason he's trying other plates than TD, we can probably help with that too if they need it. TD has proven to be a remarkably robust plate, especially given that the typical customer has a pretty challenging pressroom environment for any plate. Our transfer of manufacturing to Leeds is now complete and settled down as well.

Kevin.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back