Trying to organize

ErnieLail

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for our front end workflow.

Currently we are using Franklin Estimator for estimating, We then receive a PO, write up a job jacket (by hand) and use quickbooks for our accounting. We have to reference back the #'s on the PO to the estimating database

I really feel our company could benefit from a complete MIS system, but im not sure how to pitch it to my boss or which ones are affordable. Money being the key motivating factor to my GM. It would be nice if it could export to quickbooks. Not sure they could handle a change in accounting. Thanks in advance.

Try allmoxy. It is a very affordable and capable system.

Leanist, how exactly do you estimate offset/copy/digital with allmoxy? I followed the link and all I could find was a demo for a cabinet shop. If that's the case, why not use QuickBooks for everything? It would be cheaper as well: QuickBooks Pro sells for $160 one-time (plus upgrades), allmoxy for $780 a year, every year.

Ernie, if you're looking for an industry-specific solution, try Morning Flight. The Gold Edition is a free beta download and includes Estimating, Order Entry, Invoicing, and Job Tracking. You said "money is the key motivating factor to my GM." FREE, considering the current economic forecast, should get you more than just a pat on the back!

Hal Heindel
www.morningflight.com

Attachments

• Planet_Book.jpg
    Planet_Book.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Planet_JobTicket.jpg
    Planet_JobTicket.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Leanist, how exactly do you estimate offset/copy/digital with allmoxy? I followed the link and all I could find was a demo for a cabinet shop. If that's the case, why not use QuickBooks for everything? It would be cheaper as well: QuickBooks Pro sells for $160 one-time (plus upgrades), allmoxy for $780 a year, every year.

Ernie, if you're looking for an industry-specific solution, try Morning Flight. The Gold Edition is a free beta download and includes Estimating, Order Entry, Invoicing, and Job Tracking. You said "money is the key motivating factor to my GM." FREE, considering the current economic forecast, should get you more than just a pat on the back!

Hal Heindel
www.morningflight.com

Almost every post Leanist creates is about allmoxy. I would not trust his judgment.

Consider non-print order management system

Consider non-print order management system

I just finished specing the integration of a non-print order management system (Stone Edge Order Manager) to a web-to-print front end and to the digital printers via a custom Visual Basic program.

I think solutions outside the printing industry can be far more advanced than those developed by print vendors.

My advice - don't limit your self to print MIS systems.

Printers Plan (Print Estimating Software - Printer's Plan) has a free demo. It can handle all your estimating, scheduling, accounting and exports directly to Quickbooks. The advantage of using an established Print MIS is that they make modifications based on what we printers want, and there's user's groups to discuss best practices and techniques.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back