Two Sided Printing on HP LX3600

dundi

We are trying to print a two sided piece on SpeakerMesh BO material on our LX3600. I am told that due to the mesh properties we need to install ink catchers that collect ink coming through the mesh and that these catchers block the sensor that allows for two sided registration. My question is is there any way to manually register the back-up? I do not operate this printer but my prior years as an operator/pressman in offset and digital makes me think this should be doable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Dundi,

I am not familiar with this specific printer. But long sorry short is when you are printing two sided on mesh, or even on one sided mesh if it does not have a liner, an ink catch is needed. I am a bit surprised that the ink catch would block then sensors. Although HP has done some odd things in the past.

One way to do two sided registration is when you begin, on the first side, after you have taped the leader to the take up roller and it is under tension. Mark the starting position on both left and right sides of the roll material by using a small cut into the material edge. May be a quarter inch or so. It is very important that you do this at a spot on the machine where you do not forget the position of the material. Once the print is finished you rewind the material all the way back out. Flip the roll, feed in the material, line up the cuts to the same exact point where you made them previously. Provided the material stayed straight while printing and you set the margins the same for both sides, you should be in good shape.

That should get you on track.

Good luck,
SK

You bet, let me know how you do. Another cheat is to print the banner head to head on one side of the material then finish as usual.

Take care,
SK

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back