Uchida aerocut X pro

slimbh

Hi guys,
We are about to buy UCHIDA Aerocut XPRO and we need your opinions on machine.
We have about 1500 business card 25up sheet 400g to cut per day added to other works like creasing cutting...
Anyone try it ?

thanks,

I do not know the UCHIDA, but have you looked at the DUPLO's 646 or similar. We bought ours as a used unit 3-4 years ago and it still works like a charm. Everyday workhorse.

We looked at DUPLO at local distributor. but price is more expensive than UCHIDA.
UCHIDA upgrade there offer to full package Aerofold X PRO with business card 10 slitter. it can cut 25up business card.

A company loaned us an Aerocut as a demo a few years back and I was unimpressed with the feeding and consistency. We also have a lot of winery clients that are pickier, and I didn't like that the edges of cards weren't very clean cuts. There's definitely a reason the Duplos cost more.

Also, this is anecdotal, but I've noticed vendors that use business card slitters tend to have more mis-cut cards when we receive their orders. Part of that is poor QC, but part of that is that you're not cutting a stack, so you have more room for error sheet by sheet. Guillotine is slower, but at least you know your whole stack got the same cut.

Duplo is the gold standard in this category. Usually when I see business cards are mis-cut it is because the digital printer is not consistent on image placement from sheet to sheet. The Duplo has features to account for this inconsistency if you turn it on. A guillotine cutter will not fix that. Also Uchida software is very difficult and limiting compared to the Duplo. I have 4 service guys working for me that work on Duplo, MBM/Uchida and Horizon units. They all pick the Duplo.

We had an aerocut for years and never could get consistently sized business cards out of it (each of the three rows was always off bit a bit). Our Duplo is so much more reliable and feeds way better.

We've have the AeroCut Pro for about 4 years now (the version before the X was added to the name). It's mostly the same machine with just a few modifications. We do thousands of business cards each day, along with other various cutting/creasing/perfing operations for custom jobs.

We've been mostly happy with it. We have not had the feeding and cutting consistency issues others have described. It is very easy to do user maintenance because every component either slides out, or has 2 thumb screws. However, there are some things we don't like with this older version that I know have been added to the newer X model such as:
1. an output tray setup mode
2. fingers to keep the business cards from flying out
3. A larger, more intuitive touch screen
4. A waste conveyor.

However, two things we really don't like have not been updated:
1. the slitters automatically have a 7mm gutter. This means you can not do chop cuts.
2. On the feeding end, there is a magnetic side guide that you must manually align. This allows for user error to make it too tight, or place it at an angle, causing the paper to feed incorrectly. It's not a problem for our more experienced users, but the newer guys struggle with it. On the Duplo's it's a sliding bar that always keeps the paper straight.

Lastly, if you use a Fiery, the Duplo is a better option because the templates you build can be shared between the devices.

Last edited:
We've have the AeroCut Pro for about 4 years now (the version before the X was added to the name). It's mostly the same machine with just a few modifications. We do thousands of business cards each day, along with other various cutting/creasing/perfing operations for custom jobs.

We've been mostly happy with it. We have not had the feeding and cutting consistency issues others have described. It is very easy to do user maintenance because every component either slides out, or has 2 thumb screws. However, there are some things we don't like with this older version that I know have been added to the newer X model such as:
1. an output tray setup mode
2. fingers to keep the business cards from flying out
3. A larger, more intuitive touch screen
4. A waste conveyor.

However, two things we really don't like have not been updated:
1. the slitters automatically have a 7mm gutter. This means you can not do chop cuts.
2. On the feeding end, there is a magnetic side guide that you must manually align. This allows for user error to make it too tight, or place it at an angle, causing the paper to feed incorrectly. It's not a problem for our more experienced users, but the newer guys struggle with it. On the Duplo's it's a sliding bar that always keeps the paper straight.

Lastly, if you use a Fiery, the Duplo is a better option because the templates you build can be shared between the devices.
Thank you wheeler for your feedback.
We use Fiery so as you say maybe Duplo is better option. But we have great difference price between two brand, UCHIDA is cheaper by 30% with can lead us to have quality issue ?

with can lead us to have quality issue ?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. But if you're asking will the UCHIDA have quality issues, I would say no. It's a very solid machine, it's fast, and simple to use. I just don't like the features that I listed which are better on the Duplo. Maybe try negotiating with Duplo to get them to come down a bit. If I had to do this purchase again and had the budget, I'd get the Duplo.

Have you looked at graphic whizard? I have run their SCC's for years and overall they are solid machines and will come in cheaper than Duplo and you should be able to get service on them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back