UK franchisees

minch

Doing prepress for some years now; now mostly temp work through agencies and occasionally get sent to one of the High Street franchise operations for a day or two.

Minuteman press franchisees say they have to have Corel Draw, but many of them also have AdobeCS; I have been told by franchisees that they have to pay 6% of their sales revenue (not their profits) to head office. They can outsource printing to anyone.

ProntoPrint franchisees say they have to have QuarkXPress, but most of them also have AdobeCS, franchisees tell me they have to pay 10% of their sales revenue to head office and have to outsource to head office, only being allowed to outsource jobs head office cannot do.

Mail Boxes Etc. franchisees say they have to have Microsoft Office and are not encouraged to focus on high end print, but they can if they wish. The primary focus should be on shipping and mail boxes. Franchisees also say they have to give 10% of their sales revenue to head office. Print is outsourced to a head office specified print provider; although they are free to outsource elsewhere.

Aren't you happy you're not a franchisee?

Here in the US we have a franchise called SirSpeedy that is similar to a Minuteman.

I recently learned of a SirSpeedy franchise that has no digital equipment.

That made me chuckle :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back