UK Job Market

Gaz

I am returning to the UK after many years abroad and wondering what the real state of employment in the UK print market is like. Seems to be a hell of a lot of print related jobs advertised on line. Could this just be employment agencies dangling carrots just to get you on their books or are there positions available?
A brief background on my experience - photolithographer by trade, design, production/traffic, workflow, colour management, MAC IT, equipment sales of CTP systems, wide and grand format digital printers, RIP software and consumables.
Any feedback appreciated.

Most jobs are sales based, tech and prepress jobs are few and are very badly paid. Most employees expect people to know everything nowadays, Ive done this job for 25 years and are still learning. Good luck, where are u based in UK??

AjR

UK Job Market

Hi Ajr.
Thanks for your reply. I am not in the UK at the moment. I will hopfully be returning in the next three months and will be based in the west midland at first but happy to move wherever I get a job.
That's what is fanstastic about this industry, you never stop learning. I have plenty of experience in selling capital equipment in the print industry which is what I would prefer to do when I get back.

UK Job Market

Thanks Inky.
I have applied for a few jobs on that site but not had any replies which is what made me wonder if some of the jobs advertised are real, or just agents trying to get people on their books. Have you any idea which would be the best area to head for?

RE: UK Job Market

Hi A.
Thanks for your reply, however, I can't seem to find the message. Can you resend please?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back