Unacurate vector image sizes in Illustrator

Luc St-Pierre

I have a huge blank.... please help me. This thing never happened to me. In Illustrator when you trace a vector shape using measures, why would they suddenly be rounded to some funny numbers. Example, you order a rectangle of 8 x 10 and it comes out as 7.9997 x 10.00023 ???
I am stunned, or I begin an Alzheimer condition . . .
Thank you

Can you be more specific on what you're trying to do? Just drawing a box, or tracing an existing element? Are your Illustrator [preferences] and document [document setup] Units both set to the same thing - inches, millimeters, etc?

Are you using Adobe points or traditional points? I would assume using Traditional points could give you complicated maths.

Both my document set-up and units preference are set at “inches”. I hit the square box, key in 10 x 10 and the box is really 10.0139 x 10.0139 . . . annoying !

Do you have a stroke applied to your box when it is drawn? Try looking at the measurements without a stroke applied.

Do you have a stroke applied to your box when it is drawn? Try looking at the measurements without a stroke applied.

We are close to a solution. Yes, indeed without strokes the values are dead-on. Is there a way to make Illustrator ignore stroke value?
Thank you

depends on where you have the stroke set to originate, inside, outside or split. It gives you the full outer most dim.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back