Upgrading to Enfocus Pitstop 13 - worth it?

imperfectoutlaw

I work in prepress in a smallish printhouse.
We are thinking of uprading to Enfocus Pitstop 13, but that requires Acrobat Pro DC. (It seems Acrobat Pro XI is no longer available?)
Do you recommend upgrading? Are the newest versions stable now? (I read some horror stories dating 2015, how they were constantly crashing)

Right now I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, RAM 6GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 3.46GHz ;
Acrobat Pro IX and plugin Enfocus Pitstop 7.2 (ancient, I know, but reliable)

Thank you for any advice!

Pitstop 13 will run just fine on Acrobat XI and is stable. If you can, I would recommend adding additional memory to your PC though. As far as whether you should upgrade, the best answer I can give you is to spend some time on Enfocus' website and look at the documentation about what's new in each release since Pitstop 7. Enfocus has added quite a few new features since 7.

One thing that might be worth mentioning is that you...might...have to buy a full version as your are several versions old and 7 may not have an upgrade path.

Cheers,
pd

Last edited:
Hey imperfectoutlaw,

I went from 12 to 13 and just a single action is making it all worth my while "Generate Bleed to 3mm if Some, None, or not Enough" this is a time saver and job saver for me.
And no this version is the fastest and most stable in my opinion, much faster when tabbing in fields like fill values or strokes

just my 2 cents.

Hi imperfectoutlaw
if you want to upgrade your version 7, drop me an email at [email protected]
We'll work something out for you regarding upgrade pricing, call it an early Christmas present :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back