Urgent Help needed

ravieast80

Hi. This is Ravi here from India. Iam a cricket bat exporter. We have signed a tie up with a UK company to market & export their cricket bats. We have the bat stickers design ready but in a JPG format . Can some one please help me in converting to AI format. If someone here is willing to extend help then please write back to [email protected]. I'll send you the required files....... thanks in advance.

You cannot make a jpeg a workable .ai file. You can put the jpeg in illustrator and save it as an .ai file, but end of the day, it is still just a placed jpeg.

Do they need a workable file to adjust things?

How was the file created in the first place? You will not be able to just convert a jpeg to an illustrator file to be workable. You need the original file in whatever program it was created in and it cannot be flattened, you need the layers and everything.

It was created by someone who is not in touch now. So I dont have the original file nor do I know how it was created :(

It was created by someone who is not in touch now. So I dont have the original file nor do I know how it was created :(

If you have the jpg and send it to one of the services mentioned in the above mentioned google post they will be able to recreate it

Hello Thomas. Thanks for the confirmation. Since I have no all these tools to do so and more over I dont know head or tail about these...can you please do it for me? If yes then I will send you the required files

Image Trace is part of the Illustrator program, and has been since CS3. Place your JPEG in a new Illustrator document, select it, then go to Object, Live Trace, and use custom options. Click the Preview button and play with the settings until you get the result you want. then click OK or Trace, then Expand when it's done.

W o W !
I had no idea there were such sites! Figures, but WOW!
I will for sure use this, or more importantly pass it on to customers when they are in similar situations!
Kinda sad (but not), they are so good/cheap, a lot of customers just paying the designer for flat files, or proofed as flat files, now can get it magically (relatively easily) fixed!
Sincerely, super BIG thanks for the tip!
: )

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back