Using Creo RIP on KM c6500

fRAiLtY-

Hi there,

I've used Fiery's for over 4 years now, and we recently acquired a Konica Minolta c6500 with a Creo RIP. The guys ran me through the basics of the Imposition software but it doesn't seem very intuitive compared to the EFI one on the Fiery.

For instance, how do I manually change the page numbers in the Imposition? For example my Creo RIP has several presets like Saddle Stich, Step and Repeat, Step and Continue, Perfect Bound etc. The Fiery has these but also has a manual mode you click into to change the page numbers to what you want?

This seems such a simple and normal thing to do yet I can't find any trace of it in the Creo, it seems very restrictive.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers

You have to use the Imposition template builder (under the tools menu, it's a part of the Advanced productivity package you may or may not have).

Creo rips use a genuine Post-RIP imposition while the Fiery converts everything to pdf, performs the imposition and then rips the file - as it's a pre-rip imposition there are many things you can do to the file before it's ripped. The Creo imposition can't do as much as the fiery imposition but it can do things that fiery can't eg you can change the imposition and the file won't need to be re-ripped as long as there is no rotation of the image required. Creo tend to be much better in handling variable data with imposition (try to rip a variable data job that has to be imposed into booklets with a variable number of pages per booklet on any other rip)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back