Votes: 2 50.0%
  • compatible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not refill

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
HI Guys

Looking for some help/advice/feedback

I own a Canon W6400 Large Format Printer which I use for printing on to canvas and was wondering if anyone had any experience/dealings with using refills/compatible cartridges????

Currently the machine uses 6 pigment based ink cartridges. The cheapest I have found them is £52 each (thats £312 per set!!) from Canon.

Ive been doing a lot of research recently on refills/compatible cartridges. I know that it is never going to be the same quality (is it REALLY much of a difference that customers are going to notice???) and some people believe it can damage the machine but I just cant make any money if I continue to pay the price of £52 per cartridge from Canon.

I know ALL the risks associated with using refills but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience or advice?

Does anyone know a good place to purchase refills/cartridges?

Failing that, does anyone know how I would go about purchasing directly from Canon (maybe it would be cheaper) as I currently am using third party's such as Rainbow, Perfect Print etc

Im sorry there are quite a few questions in this thread but any advice..........any at all would be greatley appreciated.

Many Thanks

Paul

To refill or not to refill

To refill or not to refill

I cannot tell you who makes compatible inks for the printer.

I will tell you that besides the warranty repair issues you will have, the item I would most be worried about is the printhead. Those are not cheap either.

Why can't you make any money on this? Is it because you are matching someone else's pricing, and you cannot raise your price to reflect the cost of what you are printing????

I would try and figure out if you can save money on your substrate before putting third party ink in the printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back