Using Xitron dual - PCI and Personality (PB2Diag) Interface Boards for Topsetter

Have just bought a Topsetter ( Screen 8000 ) comes with the Heidelberg Delta Workflow. I plan to use a Harlequin Rip instead. My question is this - can I use the existing Xitron PCI and Personality ( PB2Diag) Interface Boards installed in the computer that comes with the Topsetter, and just buy and load/install a Harlequin Rip in the said computer without buying a Screen PIF interface board.

Any help and input on this is appreciated.

Thanks to all.

It could be a solution only when you would find an older Xitron Navigator (x32) with the right Screen plug-in. PCI cards and 32bit plug-ins are not supported anymore by the current Navigator v12 (x64). The whole pacckage would be now: Xitron Navigator v12 & Screen PTR plug-in & USB blue box interface.

Hi pressmachines,

the last Naviagtor RIP which could drive an old Xitron PCI interface would be Navigator v10 (x32) in combination with the belonging Xitron 32bit Screen PTR device plug-in. A second hand item won´t so easy to find.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back