UV anti scratch varnish

Mandy

After printing several layers of UV ink on PVC, I would like to protect the final product with an anti-scratch varnish / oil.

Has anyone any suggestion / recommendation what product to use that for?

We are using a screen printing machine, and the UV layers right now are just to sensitive and get scratches easily, maybe also due to the many layers we used on that print.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. :)

Anti-scratch UV coating

Anti-scratch UV coating

Mandy,

We would recommend a durable UV gloss coating, though I have to ask type of scratching are the UV inks being subjected to? Are there any other special requirements?

Rhino Performance Products
866-601-6241
Welcome To Rhino Performance Products

Hi Rhino,

Thanks for your reply.

I have to find out what specific ink the print shop has been using.

They tried one anti scratch, but it does not really works well enough.
The product should be robust enough to be put in to the wallet and not get scratches for a few years. I have a sample of a competitor, only they did not do several full layer printing.

Do you know is there a big difference between the different products?
And is the robustness depending on the amount of layers? Or is usually one layer enough?

Thanks for your help, in the mean time I try to find the product name.

Mandy,

One coat would be suffiicient with our our uv coating and last for years without yellowing, scratching and our coatings are odor-free.

Give us a call @ 866-601-6241.

Finally, after days of research, I found a way to define anti scratch.

I wonder why the coat producer dont work with that kind of therms???

Rhino,
can you achieve H3 according to nach ISO 15184 ??

Mandy,

Yes, our anti-scratch coating meets the H3 of the ISO 15184 procedure. Please let use know how we may be of assistance.

Rhino!! Intersted in your no oder gloss UV. But the number you listed isn't working. What up ?? You guys still in business??

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back