V180 EX-I - V280P Upgrade thoughts

I'm not sure I know where you can do that, Is there something I am missing when exporting the pdf's? We use the High Quality print preset..
Change Compatibility to Acrobat 4 and then under Advanced you can choose your flattening options or make a new option using Transparency Flattener Presets.

Change Compatibility to Acrobat 4 and then under Advanced you can choose your flattening options or make a new option using Transparency Flattener Presets.
Ok, So I've had a flattener preset that we have used for a while,We are using the Acrobat 4 setting, In Indesign the flattener preset is set toward rasters @3, Line Art and text @ 1200 ppi, Gradient and Mesh Resolution @300 and convert text and strokes to outlines. I do not see anything about flattening the pdf.?

Ok, So I've had a flattener preset that we have used for a while,We are using the Acrobat 4 setting, In Indesign the flattener preset is set toward rasters @3, Line Art and text @ 1200 ppi, Gradient and Mesh Resolution @300 and convert text and strokes to outlines. I do not see anything about flattening the pdf.?
I thought your problem was with transparencies not sure what you mean by flattening the whole PDF. Vector elements where they are not involved with transparencies I should stay as vectors.

Do the files have spot colors in them or are they CMYK? If spots you may be able to preflight and convert to CMYK within Acrobat and resolve those issues. My new favorite are stupid Canva files..... one single page PDF had 72 transparencies on it. No chance that was printing correct.
We have a load of non profit customers that are using Canva of course. There are some files I get just can’t tell what they’ve managed to do to make it open and rip so slowly (and I’m using a new mac), or if it does rip it has issues, and the only efficient path forward is for me to just flatten it and move on.

Do you have an option to turn off "enhanced imaging"? That is the first thing we turn off when anything strange happens. Worst case we send the file over as an image.

Back when we first got into digital printing, we started with a bustled fiery and then upgraded to the stand alone version with the same machine. It was a Xerox 560 if memory serves. I am pretty certain they could do it, but don't want to do it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back