VDP Software and Quark 8!

Greetings,
I am a long time quark user and i just got quark 8 where i work.
we used to work with CREO Darwin Desktop for Variable Data Printing but recently i just learned that CREO is not pursuing development for quark 8.
we are stuck with quark 7 to do vdp jobs but that requires saving the quark 8 document as quark 7 and that can be a problem at times.
we are looking for a vdp software that is both indesign cs4 and quark 8 compatible MAC OSX 10.5 ready and have found three companies that do this. Meadows' Design Merge, Printable's Fusion pro desktop and a more complicated program XData which is an Xtension for quark but requires programming skills because it has no real GUI. except XData, both for the moment only support quark 7, but we communicated with the developpers and they seem to be looking into quark 8 but when will it be out? who knows!?
does anyone on this forum know of any vdp software that is quark 8 compatible??
or if you have worked with Design Merge or Fusion Pro Desktop, what are your thoughts on them?

thanks a lot for your comments

GLUON Web 2 Print

GLUON Web 2 Print

Hello francoislebel,

My name is Craig and I'm the Director of Sales and Marketing at GLUON. Over the past 8 years, GLUON has developed the most innovative and mature online dynamic publishing tool out there called HyperPublishing System (HPS), and I say this with no hesitation. And we "chose" our rendering engine to be QuarkXPress Server. HPS is a comprehensive, robust and flexible system that needed a rendering engine that could keep up, and that is, bar none, QXPS. Proprietary renderers, ID Server, etc. while ok, just can't keep up as a rendering engine on so many levels.

That being said, HPS is rendering on QXPS 8, which means that it handles all versions of Quark desktop.

If you also have ID documents, all it takes is one step to convert that doc to Quark. We recommend "ID 2 Q", which almost always converts seamlessly, or else there is a little bit of tweaking which our clients have justified doing for the benefits of HPS.

Please contact me at 973-763-9494 to talk more and schedule a live demo so I can show you all the possibilities open for you.

Best regards,
Craig

DesignMerge for Quark 8

DesignMerge for Quark 8

Hello Francois,

DesignMerge will be releasing a Quark 8 version within the next couple weeks and is also available for InDesign CS3 and CS4.

Meadows Publishing Solutions

Greg Bane
DesignMerge Channel Manager

Side note...
"Darwin for QuarkXPress"
Print On-Demand Solutions has just announced that they will be "gracefully terminating" Darwin for QuarkXPress in Q3 this year (2008).........there will be no further product development."

thanks

thanks

thanks to both of you for your posts,
unfortunately we do not own Quark 8 server only desktop versions. but i'm very happy to hear that designmerge will be coming out soon for quark 8.
we'll probably look more into a desktop program than an online tool.
thanks again :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back