VDP software

PrePress Gal

We are beginning to shop for a VDP software package. We are a smaller print shop and have Mac OSX 10.4, Mac G-4s, Adobe CS4, Quark 8, Konica Minolta BizHub PRO 6500, IC-304 Creo Server, oh yes, and presses too.

I as going to play around with InDesign's Data Merge today, but was also looking at Design Merge Pro as I understand it works with BOTH Quark and InDesign. I gather Quark 8 did not come with an extension like InDesign did?

I think most of our VDP will be in the forms of shorter run postcards and letters, nothing too complicated (but you never know). We are also going to be getting into the mailing end of this also. I was wanting to get some input on a cross media VDP that would not be too expensive for a smaller print shop looking to stay competitive without breaking the bank.

Thanks all.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back