Versant 2100 13" x 26" revisited

DYP

Anybody know what is the current status on running 13" x 26" sheets on the Versant 2100? Seems Stock Library Manager allows you to set 13" x 26" sheets and the engine seems to accept that. Even the Fiery in CWS will accept it with no errors in properties when selecting a 13" x 26" sheet from the Paper Catalog. At least from a PDF file. But when sent to print the printer errors out asking for a 8.5 x 11 sheet. So is it the Engine or is it the DFE?

They do have them now in N. America, my local Xerox has one connected to a Versant 80, though I have not looked at it in person yet. I asked out tech what was involved, he said a firmware update and a component to handle the larger sheet. One thing they make you sign off when buying this add on is that you understand registration can not really be controlled. Or something to that effect, so said my tech.

I'm in the same boat as DYP. Same exact thing happens to me.
Wonderings, do you have any details on what firmware version and part is needed?

I'm in the same boat as DYP. Same exact thing happens to me.
Wonderings, do you have any details on what firmware version and part is needed?

Unfortunately no details, just what my tech said who was in a few days ago to fix a small problem. They probably have something silly they need to install software wise to make it work, so you can't skip buying it from xerox and the tray extension to hold the larger paper. Going to see how much they are charging for this addition.

From a Brochure on the Versant. It doesn’t say anything about an additional component or does it. I could see the Bypass tray 5 working but not any the standard output trays.

“*4: When using EX and EX-P 2100 Print Servers Powered by Fiery
®
, paper size of up to 660 mm in length (Banner Print) can be handled. With Banner Print, paper weight of up to 220 gsm are supported, print speed is reduced and it
is not supported by some feeder and output trays. For feeding and finishing options for banner printing, please contact your local Fuji Xerox representative”

Last edited:
I asked my tech, and he wasn't aware of anything new. Still not available as far as he knows.

I asked my tech, and he wasn't aware of anything new. Still not available as far as he knows.

Where are you located? I am in Ontario, Canada. My tech said they had it up and running on a Versant 80 in their office if I wanted to have a look. I might try and swing by sometime this week and see. If Xerox can make a few extra bucks for this feature, I am sure they will find some way to charge to add the larger paper functionality.

My understanding is that it should if you have all software on the engine and Stock Library Manager updated to the latest version, however Xerox-US will not support it at this time. If you install it you are on your own. It seems it is just an activation code installed with Manage Fiery Options.

I would be nice if someone from Canada or Europe would let us know what was involved to install this.

We've had our 2100 here in the UK for about a month now and for us to have the extra long sheet option it was just a matter of them inputing an activation code.

We've had our 2100 here in the UK for about a month now and for us to have the extra long sheet option it was just a matter of them inputing an activation code.

What do you mean by THEM? When you purchase it are you not given the activation code that you can input yourself in Webtools Manage Fiery Options?

Where are you located? I am in Ontario, Canada. My tech said they had it up and running on a Versant 80 in their office if I wanted to have a look. I might try and swing by sometime this week and see. If Xerox can make a few extra bucks for this feature, I am sure they will find some way to charge to add the larger paper functionality.

The state of Missouri.

Let me rephrase my question, how are you guys getting the 13" x 26" paper size?

I don't think any of us here except Haunts here have this option activated, so getting the 13" x 19" paper size is yet to be determine.

Last edited:
Physical paper size, are you going to cut down a 25x38 sheet to get the 13 x 26? I can print upto 13 x 27.5 on my Ricoh but I can't find anyone with that paper size.

Cool, never seen that size in my searches before, will have to trim it down to 13" but that is as close as I have seen.

Just ordered the kit. The checkout process was a little sketchy and the shipping was $56. If its just a fiery activation code I should just be able to do a fiery backup before just incase. What could possibly go wrong. lol. My paper catalog and my fiery both already let me set 26" sheets so I think this has a good possibility of working.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back