Versant 80- Independent Finishing?

rwyeth

With Konica, I was able to perform folding and punching directly from the folder by loading a stack of paper in the post inserter (without printing). Is such a thing possible on the Xerox V80? It has a post inserter and C/Z folder but, I'm gathering that it can maybe only be used for inline finishing. I have some full bleed brochures that I needed to trim before folding and I thought it might be easier to just feed them through the C/Z folder rather than dragging out and setting up my folder. Any thoughts?

You can probably cheat the machine by sending a blank file to your Fiery, and feed from whatever tray it’ll allow (I used to have a J75 that would allow me to feed from the post inserter tray). May or may not charge a click, in my experience it did not but they may have closed that loophole.

You can probably cheat the machine by sending a blank file to your Fiery, and feed from whatever tray it’ll allow (I used to have a J75 that would allow me to feed from the post inserter tray). May or may not charge a click, in my experience it did not but they may have closed that loophole.
Thanks, I will give that a try. It might come in handy for small quantities, like this project.

Yep. Send it the blank job. My salesman tells me it's costs a click but in my experience it doesn't
Well, my press isn't under contract. So, I don't have a click cost to worry about. Thanks! I'll be trying it tomorrow morning.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back