• The Marketplace area of PrintPlanet was setup to allow end users to buy/sell equipment or announce job openings and post resumes. If you are an equipment dealer or staffing company please contact us about sponsorship packages that we offer.
    Thanks

Victim of the Covid-19 slowdown

Seeking Knowledge

Hello all,

Well, recently I have been hit with a layoff due to the Covid-19 slowdown. I am a print professional who specializes in all aspects of Large Format Screen and Digital Printing but have knowledge of various other printing methods. Most recently, I was the Director of Large Format Imaging and I am currently located in the SF Bay Area. I am willing to relocate for the right opportunity. I would prefer not to post my resume, if anyone is interested, please send along a note with your email address and I would gladly send a copy.

Take Care,
SK

SoggyWinter

Start with a lower hourly rate to test the waters, and post a a few paragraphs pitching your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience in this forum and reddit.com/r/commercialprinting. Tell your story. Setup a Shopify of Square account for credit card billing. Get a Google voice account or other passthrough virtual phone service that is free so that you don't give out your personal phone number or shell out for a second phone. I'd guess that for starters you'd want some testimonials and to go through a few small projects to build self confidence and customer confidence.

As a potential customer who's relatively new to the printing industry and just barely scratching the surface with wide format, I'm looking to fill some knowledge gaps like
-choosing wide format laminates
-choosing a wide format laminator
-customer acquisition for various wide format printing output

-consumable and equipment vendors to avoid
-quality control tips and tricks

-offer to teach and coach hands-on processes via Facetime/Skype/etc
-how to negotiate volume discounts

Basically, create a service selling your intuition to printshops with problems that they can't Google or Youtube or get good answers for from vendors.

Hi Seeking Knowledge, I may be able to help you find a new position. I formerly owned two of the largest "reprographics" companies in the US, am a former Managing Director of the APDSP (formerly known as the IRga), and I am active as a consultant in the reprographics industry (and have been since mid 2008.) I have connections throughout the reprographics industry. Send me your resume, please: joel.salus@mac.com (My blog is called "Reprographics 101")

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article