Vinyl won't load - too much skew HP Z6100ps

nregnerus

I did manage to get my "leaky" cyan fixed for now, but now after printing most of yesterday afternoon and this morning I ran out of HP Colorfast Adhesive Vinyl and had to reload. I tried probably 40 times, but it will not load. It says that it is skewed too much and I need to retry. I align with the blue mark on the side and the leading edge with one of the plastic edges below the window, tried mulitple rolls, cut the leading edge with a straitedge to make sure the factory cut isn't off, but when it pulls the material in it looks like it pulls the left side in further than the right (adjacent to the blue lever) essentially skewing the vinyl on its own. In over a year I have never had a reload skewed that it had to be redone except for maybe on my first two tries with the machine.

Any ideas? It is now out of warranty and HP wants $40 just to talk to them.

Check with a different material ( not the type you are trying to load ) if same you have a pressure roller not contacting the material. Check when loading what is happening on the side that is trailing behind ( less advance. )

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back