Vivid MCC-35AS slitter/cutter/creaser

chrisio

Hi.

Does anyone have any experience of the above machine? I currently have an aging DC-615 that is starting to show its age and its annoying that it doesnt cut down to business card size.

I am not a brand snob any means but I cant say I have heard of matrix other than prehaps laminators. Are the slitters any good? the input screen looks a bit micky mouse and looks very chinese in its styling and having had cheap chinese guiltines etc I am wary of being bit!

Looking for a bit of advise.

Cheeers
Chris

Look into getting your Duplo 615 serviced/tuned up/parts replaced and compare that cost vs a new machine of any kind. The Vivid SCC does not appear to have Windows based job config program, which would be a deal breaker for me from a time saving perspective. I am not familiar with Vivid equipment.

What do you mean it doesn't do business card size? Maybe turn the image around so the card coming out is 3.5 not 2"

Cheers for the replies. I looked into getting it serviced etc but bringing back to 100% spec is going to cost a lot of money and at the end of the day it's still a very old machine.

Regarding business card cutting, we just can't get the cutter set up any which way to do them as it just can't do the number of slits/cuts required. I have been told it's a limitation of the machine.

I had a demo of the vivid machine and it seems to be a solid machine in all respects and the user interface is simple enough to I bought it!

Yes your image might have too many slits. You only have 6 slitter blades and 20/25 cuts per sheet. So some folks need more slitters because they are cutting out gutters rather than just a slit between the sheets.

The Duplo DC 615 is limited to 6 slits and 15 cuts per sheet. But it is fully capable of doing business cards as long as you stick to those limitations - just look at the brochure I linked to. It specifically lists business cards multiple times. It's best to use the PC control job builder software and match your printing imposition to that. Either way, the 615 is quite an old machine and if you have the budget, a new machine will definitely help speed things up. The Duplo 618 is worth looking into. It's much faster and now allows 30 cuts per sheet. We have the MBM AeroCut Prime Complete which has been a very reliable machine, though it does have a few quirks that makes me prefer the Duplo line that I have previous experience with. No experience with the Vivid line of machines.

Last edited:
Interesting, that vivid is a graphic whizard with the GUI interface being on a pole instead of mounted to the machine. Should be very capable, hopefully it comes with good tech support.

The original for both companies is made by Guangzhou Dumor out of China.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back