Walk-in self serve printer from phone!

revitup

Hello I have a retail copy center but more and more I have people emailing 1 or 2 sheets they want printed in black ink...and many a day....to stop for a .15 cent copy seems odd...and so many repeat customers. Is there a product out that is super simple setup like a bluetooth printer where a customer can easily walk in connect and print? and needs to be super easy and dummy proof! Anything? Bonus if it has a glass to make a black ink copy of a single item like license? 8.5x11 only is perfect....Thanks in advance!!!

We use iOS airdrop a lot in our photo lab and occasionally for page printing in our digital press department. We drag the file into the appropriate workflow and print it. We would never do this for 15 cents. We have a $3 minimum, which is probably way too low priced, but photo labs are accustomed to dealing with tiny orders. Some labs I know have a $15 minimum. More generally we steer folks to our online ordering interface - web app style for photo orders. Get you customers to use your web-to-print interface. You could also look at inexpensive printers that support Google Cloud print or Airprint, but consider training your customers to use your web-to-print so you are not constantly holding their hand.

We use iOS airdrop a lot in our photo lab and occasionally for page printing in our digital press department. We drag the file into the appropriate workflow and print it. We would never do this for 15 cents. We have a $3 minimum, which is probably way too low priced, but photo labs are accustomed to dealing with tiny orders. Some labs I know have a $15 minimum. More generally we steer folks to our online ordering interface - web app style for photo orders. Get you customers to use your web-to-print interface. You could also look at inexpensive printers that support Google Cloud print or Airprint, but consider training your customers to use your web-to-print so you are not constantly holding their hand.
sadly what we get alot is like Amazon return labels...its so annoying just a black ink copy so trying to find the easiest way to deal with these as it is becoming a few customers a day as so many people do not have home printers so wanted something so they can come in and print directly to a printer this 1 sheet so we do not need to get involved.

sadly what we get alot is like Amazon return labels...its so annoying just a black ink copy so trying to find the easiest way to deal with these as it is becoming a few customers a day as so many people do not have home printers so wanted something so they can come in and print directly to a printer this 1 sheet so we do not need to get involved.
I agree that would be annoying. Not the solution you’re looking for, but these days I think many return labels have the option to just show a QR code, which the customer can take to the USPS and they will handle it there.

There is a device made by EFI called the M600 which is compatible with just about every brand and model of copier. Click on the "Verified Printers" menu once you get to the page to see if your existing models are compatible.

I used to work for Konica Minolta and we sold these in retail locations like you're describing.

There is a device made by EFI called the M600 which is compatible with just about every brand and model of copier. Click on the "Verified Printers" menu once you get to the page to see if your existing models are compatible.

I used to work for Konica Minolta and we sold these in retail locations like you're describing.
How much we talking for one of these?

I have been looking for one of these or similar in the UK as I get loads of the walkin stuff and it really annoys us but it's part and parcel of being on the high Street. Are there any equivalents that I could look for

Having worked at Kinko's, customers will be reluctant to use an app. We could barely get them to even press the start button without someone holding their hand.

Having worked at Kinko's, customers will be reluctant to use an app. We could barely get them to even press the start button without someone holding their hand.
I agree 100% we have a couple of photo kiosks that are dead easy to use and People are reluctant to use them. It's more wishful thinking.

I can see they would work on campus and in hotel meeting suites, where users are likely to be tech savvy, and also want higher volumes.
If you can offer 'someone come and do it for me' for an additional 20 bucks, that could be worthwhile!

Our self-serve Xerox (don't remember the model) had a USB port on the front. Plug in a thumb drive and it popped up a list of files. Select the file and press print. These days almost every MFP has a walk-up USB port. A $500 HP laser would probably do just fine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back