want to purchase or lease a digital Printer...Which One?

I'm entering into the print business and am in need of assistance. First, I know nothing about printing...I'm all pre-press, design, writing. I would like to buy or lease a digital printer or is there such a thing as a mini offset press? I'm looking at the Xerox DocuColor 7000, 8000, iGen, and 700. Xerox's leasing I thought was high at 10,800 per month. Are there, I hope, cheaper leasing programs out there? Konica 6500? Canon c6000v? canon imagepress 6000? Can't find pricing on any of these, anyone have any pricing?
I do art design, logo design, write, brochures, and 11 x 17 newsletters, etc. etc., and print out for my customers what they need by using my Xerox 7700DN and I'm really pushing it to the limit.
I really want a 2400 x 2400 printer of any kind preferably digital, but is there a mini version of any offset printer that I can use? I will be printing out about 30,000 copies of an 3 page/duplexed 11 x 17 every two months, and would like to expand the print end to increase income. Any suggestions? The pricing on the offset printers and digital presses are so high, is leasing a good option? I have always bought all equipment and printers, for designing, etc. But, I am really getting way too many inquiries to print what I design.
I could really use some help here. My customers are getting hit big time on printing costs. Four customers have told me that their printing costs all ready doubled in price.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need some help here.

45k a month? I don't think anything faster than a 700 would be required here. So I am obviously batting for a c6500 as it would chew up what you propose. If you get a creo with it you could create a virtual queue that would impose this to two up on the fly and half your print costs immediatly. However if you expect this volume to be less than this you may want to look at a xerox 252 or something. C6500's absolutely hate sporadic workflows.

Game on.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back