Water-based ink

stephanyb

Hello everyone ^^,

I would like to know please if there's any water soluble ink that emulsifies easily with water ( very sensitive) ?
Is there such kind of ink used for Hp printers ?

Thank you very much :)

Stephan:
If the ink is water soluble, it won't emulsify. To emulsify means it isn't soluble. A fine point, I agree, until you explain what you are trying to do. Any HP ink jet ink, used in the small home printers or wide format, will run and bleed when exposed to water, and therefore, they are water soluble. If it's an HP radiation cure ink, it will not dissolve in anything. Simple thing to test. Hope this helps.

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

Waterbased inks

Waterbased inks

The ibks are actually soybased inks that clean up with water. As an artist using letterpress to create my woodblocks, I love the inks. I would rate Faust Ink as the best and then Akua Ink. Both dry by absorbtion into the paper and not by oxidation. Heat does help them dry. Do tests to get your mixes correct. Too much Akua Blending medium will create oil blooms. Good Luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back