We cant get solid film

Adnan Azzam

Hi every body
We still use CTF Magnum and we have problem that the begining of imag about 5 cm solid but the entire film is light no solid
Please any body can help
Thanks all
20210802_170013.jpg

I haven't done film in a LONG while, but have you checked your chemicals? Made sure you're "new" batch hasn't expired.

On this pict I can't see any graphic or imaged area at all, so it looks as if the film wasn't held flat on the drum.
Could be a "fly-off".
The vacuum may have failed.

On this pict I can't see any graphic or imaged area at all, so it looks as if the film wasn't held flat on the drum.
Could be a "fly-off".
The vacuum may have failed.
Thanks for replay the image was exposed is solid all black 100%
I checked the vacuum in the drum was good
We put new film and new chemical but stil have the problem
Regards all

I wonder if perhaps you might have a laser problem. If it were the chemistry, it seems like you would be see the fading issue from start to finish but with the image starting out dark and then fading, it may worth looking at the laser optics.

Best regards,
pd

May I suggest a methodical elimination.
First - to determine if the problem comes from the processor or the imagesetter:
Draw out a piece of film, expose it to daylight and insert it directly into the processor.
(Depending on the results you may also need do an extra test. Darken the area and insert an unexposed piece piece of film to see if it comes out transparent).
If the film comes out dense Black (and totally clear in the 2nd test) - you ruled out the processor as the source of the problem and concentrate at finding what went bad from the imagesetter side.
But, before doing any of the above - check if someone didn't accidentally switch the replenishing tubes, getting Fixer into the Developer section...

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back