Web to Print solution for books?

Tibor

Hello,

We are a book printer, offset and digital. We are looking for a web2print solution for books. We spend alot of time with customers explaining/giving feedback how to go about supplying a book, but would also want to have something interactive online. And connect this to a workflow and MIS.

So the idea is a customer can upload PDF's or even better, Microsoft Word files. And edit these in some chosen template with his book specs. And having additional options, so basically it would be a text editor online. But also interactive by set parameters, such as bleed, picture resolution etc. And could add information of which pages should be colour, or not.

The customer would be able to see some kind of proof when he is done and flip through the book.

AND additionally would be able to make there book cover. But technically this shouldnt be such a problem, being 1 static thing?

We also have some other ideas. But first want to know if there is such a solution!

try Printable fusion pro
, if you have more money try Freeflow Web services from Fujixerox or Iway from press sense, both of them is same.

try Printable fusion pro
, if you have more money try Freeflow Web services from Fujixerox or Iway from press sense, both of them is same.

Do they have ready made options, or you need build such a solution with their tools from scratch? Because i cant find anything regards our needs other then your bussiness card or brochure.

We have an online design tool combined with a digital flipbook proofing system that might be useful for your needs.

David Lewis
Lucid Dream

David, i sent you an email few days back. Hope to hear from you.

Anyone have any other suggestions??

Ultimate Guide Online

Ultimate Guide Online

I encourage you to check out the InfoTrends Ultimate Guide Online (Ultimate Guide Online :: Presented by InfoTrends). You can register for free and click “Launch Guide” to start comparing solutions.

This guide contains third-party reviews for 27 of the leading Web-to-print products. You can filter out solutions, based on the specific requirements you listed above. You can the read profiles, view screenshots, and see ratings for each product.

Best of luck!

Adam

I encourage you to check out the InfoTrends Ultimate Guide Online (Ultimate Guide Online :: Presented by InfoTrends). You can register for free and click “Launch Guide” to start comparing solutions.

This guide contains third-party reviews for 27 of the leading Web-to-print products. You can filter out solutions, based on the specific requirements you listed above. You can the read profiles, view screenshots, and see ratings for each product.

Best of luck!

Adam

Any chance you could upload the guide somewhere. I created an account but it doesn´t give me the permission to view the guide.

i saw design2print-online.co.uk and it looks pretty nice
try to find out who did their website, a real nice one!

Design you picture books directly in your browser

Design you picture books directly in your browser

I know this is an old thread however I hope some of you guys might still find this useful if you're looking for a web-to-print-solution I have just finished developing an online application that allows users to design their own picture books online directly in their browser. They can upload images and crop them into different shapes use cliparts and enter their own text... using a custom wysiwyg flash editor. You'll find the online demo at >> Flash Book Designer v.2011 | Children's book designer | Photo book printing | Book design software | Design your own book . Any feedback is appreciated.

I know this is an old thread however I hope some of you guys might still find this useful if you're looking for a web-to-print-solution I have just finished developing an online application that allows users to design their own picture books online directly in their browser. They can upload images and crop them into different shapes use cliparts and enter their own text... using a custom wysiwyg flash editor. You'll find the online demo at >> Flash Book Designer v.2011 | Children's book designer | Photo book printing | Book design software | Design your own book . Any feedback is appreciated.

I have high speed internet access. After 7 minutes of uploading a single 300K RGB jpg image I quit.

best, gordo

I have high speed internet access. After 7 minutes of uploading a single 300K RGB jpg image I quit.

best, gordo

Hi Gordo, thanks for trying out my app. It must have been a glitch in your connection to my site... the application is tested for IE, Firefox and Chrome.. and works 100%. I have just uploaded an images myself without any trouble...fyi. a 300k images on a good connection should only take a few seconds to upload... please try again.. and let me know how it goes :) ... Best Regards/ Harbo

Hi Gordo, thanks for trying out my app. It must have been a glitch in your connection to my site... the application is tested for IE, Firefox and Chrome.. and works 100%. I have just uploaded an images myself without any trouble...fyi. a 300k images on a good connection should only take a few seconds to upload... please try again.. and let me know how it goes :) ... Best Regards/ Harbo

Interesting. Worked correctly this time. Just a few seconds this time. BTW I'm using Safari on a MAC.

best, gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back