Web2Print and Multi-Channel Communications

pcmodem

Registered Users
I have done my research on InfoTrends Ultimate Guide for Web to Print and wanted to make sure I didn't exclude anyone from the list.

NOTE: We are looking for a system with all of the following features in one system, not several systems.

We are looking for:
Retail Store Fronts
Browser-Based File submission
Multi-Level Approval Workflow
Split Shipping

Database Driven VDP

Financial Approval Threshold
Live Shipping Quotes

Multi Channel Communications (E-Mail, PURL, SMS, etc.)

Inventory
=========================
=========================

The four systems I came up with are:
interlinkOne
Online Printing Solutions
Printable
Responsive Solutions

Please give me your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

I would suggest not trying Kodak Storefront. Brian, we recently went through the same process as you, and while I can't give the game away and you have to make your own decisions, here's a couple of thoughts on those you've listed, plus Kodak storefront:

InterlinkONE: Expensive. Seems to be great and I'm sure that they're system is pretty good in the right spot, however it seems to be aimed at single large marketing companies rather than companies that provide services to others. I'm assuming that you're like us Brian, in that you're a print service provider, or at least a printer.

Printable: Interesting capabilities, however they charge baed on the number of sites you implement. To us, we preferred to be able to make as many damn sites as we want, and not get charged an additional dime for our efforts.

Responsive Solutions: Seems like a tight outfit, however they are only now in the process of *just* releasing their first retail storefront, if they've done it at all yet. To get one storefront, you're looking at an additional $10k and they have to do most of the work.

Kodak Storefront: Shiny. Looks like Kodak has licensed someone elses technology and stuck their branding and feel on it, but there isn't actually that much substance backing it up from what I could see.

OPS: We chose these guys. Some things perhaps are a little interesting to get your head around and like any of these systems it takes quite a while to get up to speed, but the system is powerful and the costs are all upfront, apart from the regular annual maintenance.

These responses are perhaps a little late for your decision, but they may help others - they're just my point of view from my own research. You'll find what fits your company and strategic direction the best.

J

I will add my two cents worth.
We also went with OPS.
It will handle everything on your list except split shipments and inventory.

Greg

at the IPN convention i saw a system by the name B2CPrintshop.
if i'm not mistaking that system provides all of your needed elements.

cheers,
Larry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back