weight to GSM conversion pdf?

wonderings

Well had some serious issues with the RIP for our Versant 2100 yesterday that resulted in a complete wipe and clean install, losing all my colour profiles and paper profiles. I had a handle little pdf that was given to me by someone from Xerox when the Versant was installed, it was a pdf that let you convert paper weights, i.e. M weight to GSM. It was a handy tool as some of the stock we use comes on a skid that we cut down for press or for digital and they do not have GSM.

Anyways, this PDF was lost in the clean install. I have tried emailing to get it again but they have not gotten back to me. Thought I might check if anyone else has this pdf and would be able to share it.

Thanks

Sorry to hear of the RIP issue. We took delivery of the Versane 2100 and Fiery EX-P 2100 and had to install everything from the ground up. Took around 6 hours. It has some communication issues talking with the 2100. Often when calibrating with the FWA (full width array) there will be errors and it will not complete after printing the last sheet or will not print at all, after re-calibrating the sheet with FWA.

I did get the file by email this morning. This is a screen shot of what it looks like, what I use is the bottom part M weight to GSM conversion. Helps when using stock from the press floor that is not meant for digital.

I never got that weird US weight system for paper... neither do I get Ounces, Yards, Tea and tablespoons and fractional inches... way to complicated. You missed a chance there to go metric in the seventies.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back