What are you using to find a job?

Scannerdude

I hope this is the right place for this if it isn't please bump to proper forum.

I have been in prepress for 30 years and electronic prepress since it started.
I have been out of work for two months my company laid off 30 percent of its workforce.

I would like to know if you guys have any good websites for finding prepress jobs?
Also if any of you have been out of work how long did it take you to find work?
Or are you still looking?

Thanks

3 month and 12 days without job...
monster, workopolis are not for prepressers and pre-press servicemen (as myself).
Agencies have no vacancies as well :(
Time came to say gb and find another way to survive IMHO

Vlad I know what you mean right now I am in the process of starting a business can't stand to not do anything. At least starting a business keeps me busy. Will it take off I don't know I hope so.

Anyways I did got my last job through monster, it hasn't had anything for us prepress guys for awhile. I also found a website called iHireprinting but they wanted 5 dollars to look at an ad and 15 dollars a month to be a member. I wrote them a nice email! :mad:

What did you get into if I may ask?

Well hang in there I got a feeling it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Scannerdude - just only a few service calls I've got from my old and friendly Customers for dumping price.
Vlad

Last edited:
Try using all the available resources like monster.com, careerbuilder.com, printworkers.com, heck, even sites like craigslist.org have job search engines. It wouldn't hurt to make a profile on sites like linkedin or spoke as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back