What choice of digital proof for packaging and mockup we have?

gcplau

Dear All,

#1 anyone to share digital proof for packaging with UV ink or Latex ink that does not require substrate coating?

#2 Can the same system also handle cutting?

#3 Why the in field people in our region say that digital proof by UV inkjet printer is not very well accepted in the packaging industry due to the physical proper of UV ink that is thick enough on the substrate and can be felt by hand touching it?

#4 I am looking for a good packaging proofing solution that can produce and exceed ISO-12647-7 delta-E, high standard of pantone matching; and be able to print on various substrate. FInally if printNcut is included would be lovely.

THANK YOU

This data is from recent memory, so please excuse possible inaccuracies:

1. GMG (I believe) has partnered with 1 or 2 UV printer manufacturers to create a proofing solution for packaging that will do exactly what you describe. I believe it may be Roland.

GMG partners with Roland DG for applications in the packaging sector - Printing Industry News from WhatTheyThink

2. As the industry knows by now, Epson has the WT7900 that aspires to be a proofing tool for the packaging market. There are several threads within this forum that can provide details. It can be driven by EFI, CGS and GMG RIPs.

I cannot intelligently comment on your other questions or on someone else's perceptions in your region. Most suppliers will gladly create samples for you and you can judge for yourself.

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks for the sharing

Thanks for the sharing

Hi Ian, Thanks for the sharing, I'm awared of the GMG/Roland as well as GMG/Mimaki announcement. I am just not sure how good it is in terms of delta-E and pantone accuracy, thick substrate & printNcut.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back