What is 80# & 100# paper?

OonaghG

Hi, can anyone help me? We have had an urgent enquiry from the US to print a job for them for clients local to us in the UK.
They have specified it should be on 80# or 100# paper.

We buy our paper in gsm (grams per square metre), what is the equivalent grammage to 80/100#. How do you do the conversion?

Cheers, Oonagh

80#gloss to be converted into gsm (again!)

80#gloss to be converted into gsm (again!)

Just tried to access the converter again but the webpage no longer exists. Can anyone help me with converting 80# gloss into a gsm?

For text/writing weights maybe. 220-280gsm for 80# cover isn't unheard of, depending on the type of paper (coated, C1S, smooth, etc).

Well this 80 # measurement systems, normally not used, in whole of my business lifetime, I am not asked by any client with these units.. but interesting to know this too.. would be helpful in future.

Printed Labels

Just tried to access the converter again but the webpage no longer exists. Can anyone help me with converting 80# gloss into a gsm?

The second link is still active. Scroll down and there's a chart. Print it out, have it laminated and keep it nearby. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back