What is everyone using for imposition proofs

Imposition Proofer

Imposition Proofer

I would like to see this 2 printhead printer as well.

I have an idea for a 2 sided printer using memjet technology but I am not sure who to contact about getting such a device produced.

I think you will find the memjet not doable at the moment.

A. There are legal issues

B. From what I have been told, the problem with memjet is that it is one wide memjet printhead, If one nozzle clogs..... you have a problem. Too time consuming to change one out, and too expensive for redundent nozzles

Interesting that no one has even produced a selling memjet wide format printer.

John

Imposition proofing

Imposition proofing

We are currently using both an Epson 9800 and a 9880.
Using cut sheets we have great results.

We know that our machine automatically shifts .25" for gripper so if we want to run a proof duplex we will just use the "shift pages" feature in our imposition software, Imposal. We shift one of the sheets over the .25 and then run it duplex. It usually works. Good luck!

We use...

We use...

Matchprint branded epson 9800 with guide and cut sheets w Prinergy Evo 4.065
42x32" cut sheets 26 lb, back up is usually within 1/16".

We use a Canon iPF 8000. Works well for sheet-wise and work/turn but can be challenging for perfecting or work and flop backup. We also use pre-cut sheets that are 30"x42", and turn them over manually. We also cut the ink back because these proofs are always accompanied by a contract color proof. Our proofs are for pagination only and are usually within .0625 inch. I do not think your backup is terrible by any means for a backed up imposition proof.

As of Kodak Proofing Software 4.2 we now have the ability to get perfect registration on the leading edge of the sheet, and by rotating the proof on each side of the imposition sheet we achieve excellent registration for the rest of the sheet. This works with the Epson x900 and x700 printers, but only if the printers are network attached. However, no special sheet alignment guide is needed for the printers.

For more information check out the following post on Kodak's Grow Your Biz blog

Cheers, Eric

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back