What machine fits my needs?

exify

I made a thread but didn't get many other machine suggestions. Let me run down my situation:

-I have a 6500, but need another machine. I have alot of journal work on 100lb coated text. My 6500 is the only machine that can run it reliably (canon 3900 sucks).
Usually it is only 1/1 but occasionally 4/1 or 4/4.

-My other 4/x work is mostly 100lb ctd, 10pt c2s and 12pt c2s. Minor 100lb cover work.

-My space requirements are around a 6501 size.. a little bigger if necessary. I don't have the depth for a imagepress or something of that sort.

So I was wondering what machines you would suggest for:
a) a second semi-production machine like the 6501 (i've heard about xerox 700, but dont know anything about it)
b) a black and white semi-production that can handle the 100lb coated (haven't been able to find one in my limited searches)

We have Canon, Oce and Konica currently... new to Xerox so any insight there is welcome.

Yes, check out the Xerox 700 if you have not done so already. Most people would agree that that is Xerox's answer to the Konica 6500.

With space being tight I would say another 6501. Just for a reference my 8000AP takes up 250 square feet of floor space (configured just like my avatar). Unless you will replace multiple machines your in a tight spot(no pun intended).

I'd throw the Canon 3900 out the door and replace it with the 6501. At least you will have machines that match output and redundancy.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back