What Machine to buy Help?

hunsi

Hi Folks,

Need some advise from the community working on these jobs on a daily basis.

I have a job to print someA4 B/W Booklets around 600k in 25 days.

Each booklet is 12 pages and the working time per day is not more than 14 hours.

I plan to use A3 paper and dual sided printing.

Oh the jobs are slightly variable ie 10 -12 types average 55k per variant ( each type to be printed in one setting)

Being that its for a security project - It cant be done at an offset printer and it has to be done on the customer site.

So i am considering purchasing some 120 or 95 or 75 ppm pritners/copiers.

I am leaning towards Konica minolta 950 or 751 around 8-10 of them.

I NEED SOMETHING WHICH IS FAST RELIABLE AND IS PRODUCTION SPEED.

Anyone has any recommendations.

What machines are good and the Pros and cons ? finishing units etc..

Help please..

I work for Oce.

With that being said, for a production cut-sheet monochrome printer, you can't do better than the Oce VarioPrint 6000 line. Output will look like it came from the offset world and since these printers print both sides of the sheet at the same time, front-to-back registration is either perfect or close to perfect - just what you need for booklets. Printers accept PostScript, PCL, and IPDS plus other formats via print server RIP.

A single Model VP6320 will print at 320 images duplex (160 A4 sheets) per minute or 268k such images (134k A4 sheets) per your 14-hour shift. This model is designed to keep printing volume like that, day after day. We have clients that average more than 6 million images per month on a single printer. For your 7.2 million images in 25 days it might be better to go for two (2) of the slightly slower model (VP6250, 250 duplex images/min) and easily get that job done; you'll actually need about 240 run hours on each VP6250 printer or between 9-10 hours/per day based on your 25-day production period.

While you can get inline booklet makers with these VarioPrints, I'm not a huge fan of inline booklet finishing at high volumes. You might want to go with a single, heavy-duty offline booklet maker such as the Horizon line.

Good luck with your project; sounds interesting.

Tony

Hunsi,

I am wondering what you decided to do. I am considering the OCE printers so am curious if you looked at their printers?

Thank you.

Ray

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back