what machine to buy? xerox or km?!

We have a xerox docucolor 260, and its starting to be too expensive to run, and we are looking for a new machine.
We do 60% of our print in coated stock in SRA3 format, the rest is another material for BID numbers!
Our mothly average is 12.000 prints in sra3.
De need a stable, and Color consiten machine and our xerox rep is trying to sell us a J75 or a 570 color. On the other side Konica minolta introduces us the c70hc and the c6000!

What do you thing is the right choice?
Thank you

At 12k SRA3 prints per month, ROI for J75, C8000 and especially HC70 is going to take very long. Instead, I will look at other alternatives like KM 6501 or Ricoh Pro C5100. These 2 are value for money.

Thank you Poppin,

I know the ROI for the J75 its higher for our print volume, in the C70HC we have the possibility for a cheaper one because its a showroom machine, and as a killer price and click charge very low!!
I think the entry model for production in Portugal is the 6000L, regarding ricoh not have any references, because I do not know anyone who has this brand!
The Xerox 570 its a litter cheaper than J75, and they (xerox rep) say it as photograhy quality, you know if it any good?

Xerox rep is right 570 does amazing job with photos. If I were you I would ask him for samples, if he wants to sell the machine he should give you several samples an different stocks as well. And get the samples from KM too.
I have had 2 engineers here last week, arguing which of my machines is better, one was KM fan boy and the other Xerox fan boy. I have printed holiday brochure to both of them on 250gsm gloss card and that did end conversation straight away.

Pitersen,

I know i need to have samples, right now i already have samples for KM C70HC and C6000, and i'm waiting for schedule a test for the 570 color, J75 and C75!
My fear is that the 570 color bring the same color consistent that my DC260 and more ou less problems!

Unfortunately they are all machines and you never know how much trouble you going to get. I personally find X easier and cheaper to maintain in the top condition.

Last week i went testing a KM C70hc, and its print quality its amazing! I realy like the photo quality!
I also like the creo rip, but the KM rep told me thant the creo doesn't have freeform (master page) like fiery or freeflow rip's! Any one can confirm thist?!

thanks

Hi.

We should talk... I deal in pre-owned and reconditioned digital presses and printing / mailing equipment. We can help you find just the right equipment for you, at a great price.
Please provide your email address, and I can send information to you.
Thank you,
Tom
ZAR Corporation

While it is true that the Creo does not handle Fiery-specific VDP output files the type that it does process, VPS, it processes very efficiently. Most VDP applications such as XMPie, Fusion Pro etc do output VPS so a Creo would be a very good choice if that's the RIP that you're leaning towards. On the other hand if your application can output PPML, Freeform or even VPS then the Fiery's from Ricoh can handle them just fine, not sure about KM's but I imagine they would as well.

There have not been any major improvements imo in the midrange ie 20-50k click pm machines in a year or two. I read on this forum & agree - service is critical. Anyway we are close to closing on a used machine to replace our aging km6500. THe replacement has better (but not great) duplex rego, better image, cheaper click charge, can duplex 300um (or about 300gsm). These are all useful improvements. I was looking at buying this machine new 12months ago but didn’t want to get into that much debt (again) for incremental improvements. A used one has come up, as they often do, sure it has 1million clicks on it but the sale includes 5 year or 6million clicks + service contract (15% less than we pay now) fixed for 3 years then +10% for trailing 2 years. Pretty much like buying new. I'm only going to get into just over 1/2 the debt I was looking at 12 months back. & the service is good. go used if you can imo.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back