What oil do Versant fusers use?

Hi all,

Happy New Year! Hope everything is alleviating for you in regards to the supply chain issues / shortages.

I wanted to ask the tech savvy people out there what type of oil do you think the versant fusers use? I couldn't find any info on it and was wondering what type of oil could withstand such high temperatures without smoking. The oils that come with the rebuild/repair kits are like an orange/amber color. The fuser temps run at about 400F or 204C

Thanks in advance!

Link to fuser belt oil:
Fuser Heat Belt Oil, Versant® V80, V2100 Press

Craig

Versants don't use fuser oil. I think iGen is the only Xerox using fuser oil yet. The rest use an oil impregnated wick to lube the belts.

Ah, that is the oil I'm talking about. When I rebuild/clean the fusers, theres a kit that comes with a bottle of oil that you use to soak the wicks in. I was wondering what oil can withstand high temps without smoking.

Craig

Ah, that is the oil I'm talking about. When I rebuild/clean the fusers, theres a kit that comes with a bottle of oil that you use to soak the wicks in. I was wondering what oil can withstand high temps without smoking.
Never saw the oil, the wicks from Xerox are presoaked. When we had an 8080 years ago it was a silicon oil and cam in a quart jar. I wonder if you can get an iGen fusing agent and use that?

What About Profitability?

Canon 2022
The Video You Really
Need To Watch

Modern offset press performance comes with several nuances.
Chris Travis, Director of Technology at Koenig & Bauer, shares some details.
View The Video