What oil do Versant fusers use?

Hi all,

Happy New Year! Hope everything is alleviating for you in regards to the supply chain issues / shortages.

I wanted to ask the tech savvy people out there what type of oil do you think the versant fusers use? I couldn't find any info on it and was wondering what type of oil could withstand such high temperatures without smoking. The oils that come with the rebuild/repair kits are like an orange/amber color. The fuser temps run at about 400F or 204C

Thanks in advance!

Link to fuser belt oil:
Fuser Heat Belt Oil, Versant® V80, V2100 Press

Versants don't use fuser oil. I think iGen is the only Xerox using fuser oil yet. The rest use an oil impregnated wick to lube the belts.

Ah, that is the oil I'm talking about. When I rebuild/clean the fusers, theres a kit that comes with a bottle of oil that you use to soak the wicks in. I was wondering what oil can withstand high temps without smoking.

Ah, that is the oil I'm talking about. When I rebuild/clean the fusers, theres a kit that comes with a bottle of oil that you use to soak the wicks in. I was wondering what oil can withstand high temps without smoking.
Never saw the oil, the wicks from Xerox are presoaked. When we had an 8080 years ago it was a silicon oil and cam in a quart jar. I wonder if you can get an iGen fusing agent and use that?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back