What should I get?

Ksdurbin

I am a student at ball state in the graphic arts program. I am looking to do some work at home for fun/experience/pocket money. I am wanting to get a vinyl cutter to make logos/decals for t shirts/car windows/signs/banners/ etc. I do most of my design work with Adobe creative suite. Are there any good at home starter kits? here is one I found but I just have no clue if this is even for what I want.
Vinyl_EXPRESS_R_Series_sign_cutters
is this what i want? I do use a mac though. Thanks

What concrete reason do you have to believe that this would pay for itself and make you some beer money besides? Have you seriously assessed just who would buy these vinyl cutouts from you?

Al

That's almost a 'too good to be true' price. Many of the lower end systems rely on windows printer drivers to send work or the rip is windows only. Some have windows only Illustrator plugins. Check whether it will get along with your Mac. My son works for a competitor specialty-graphics.com. Machines in this price range are usually for the hobbyist/scrapbook crowd. Production machines start at significantly more $$. If you're only looking for light use, it will still work. Call a couple suppliers to get their take.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back