WHAT'S A GOOD DIGITAL PRESS

That's a bit like asking "What's a good motor vehicle to buy"
It all depends on what it's going to be used for, what type of products are going to be printed on it, how many impressions are expected per month etc.
Once you have answered all the questions related to usage of the press, you will be able to narrow down to a few options, then look in more detail at you specific requirements, consider what offers are made by each vendor, you will then need to take samples of files for some of your jobs to each vendor and run them on the presses that are in the running.
Having done all of this, you should be close to deciding which is the right press for you.

I thought best to start high then work our way down :ROFLMAO:
You been living under a rock. This one is superior to all. And will set you back only $2 million or so I’m guessing.

You been living under a rock. This one is superior to all. And will set you back only $2 million or so I’m guessing.

If you like scuffing on the folder, treating stocks, limited sheets sizes to run and non-existent service then by all means spend one million dollars on a huge boat anchor. We went with a Kodak Nexpress after tons of investigating and have never looked back. Margins increased by 28%.

Haha! I think the best option would be to get both. Just to have yourself covered.

WHAT'S A GOOD DIGITAL PRESS TO BUY?
one you can get as much toner as you need for, whenever you need it...
one where there's no issues with drums...
one where you can enjoy a good relationship and agreeable pricing throughout the term with the click provider...
one where the service is responsive, knowledgeable and all round excellent...
one that enables you to accomplish your day's work without a fight and lets you meet/exceed your customer's expectations...

there's a few for starters.

One that does what you need at a price you can afford with service, parts and toner available when you need them.

One that supports your existing 40" offset environment with B1 format, will produce 96% of Pantone colors, is super-fast (6500 sph), and has all the versatility and variability you need for your future, and all of your database-driven print jobs.

Landa Digital Printing

(I represent Landa, happily, because this machine is just amazing. I still get chills.)

One that supports your existing 40" offset environment with B1 format, will produce 96% of Pantone colors, is super-fast (6500 sph), and has all the versatility and variability you need for your future, and all of your database-driven print jobs.

Landa Digital Printing

(I represent Landa, happily, because this machine is just amazing. I still get chills.)
Helene, since you represent Landa, can you tell us what the true cost per page is for the S10? Is it any better price wide than the current toner machines out?

As you know, there are many variables – and keep in mind that there is no waste and very low-to-no makeready on Landa presses. However, who better to ask than a Landa customer? Here's what Paul Hudson said in a November (2021) press release:

The Landa S10P’s unique, expanded color gamut; better economics; and higher productivity made Hudson’s decision to choose the S10P press a straightforward one. The 7-color Landa S10P will reproduce 96% of Pantone colors.

“The S10P checked all of our boxes,” Paul Hudson says. “We needed the speed, the B1 format, and the best color available. Over time it became clear that Landa’s advantages are better by orders of magnitude.”

Later on, he says: “We have some large direct mail jobs that can take dozens to even hundreds of hours on digital presses,” he says, “but when you move over to the Landa you not only have a much larger sheet size with B1 (41”); you also have much faster production speeds and coating inline.

“It’s a fantastic productivity tool for direct mail.”

The full press release is here: Hudson Printing is Home to a New Landa S10P Printing Press - Landa Nanography

As you know, there are many variables – and keep in mind that there is no waste and very low-to-no makeready on Landa presses. However, who better to ask than a Landa customer? Here's what Paul Hudson said in a November (2021) press release:

The Landa S10P’s unique, expanded color gamut; better economics; and higher productivity made Hudson’s decision to choose the S10P press a straightforward one. The 7-color Landa S10P will reproduce 96% of Pantone colors.

“The S10P checked all of our boxes,” Paul Hudson says. “We needed the speed, the B1 format, and the best color available. Over time it became clear that Landa’s advantages are better by orders of magnitude.”

Later on, he says: “We have some large direct mail jobs that can take dozens to even hundreds of hours on digital presses,” he says, “but when you move over to the Landa you not only have a much larger sheet size with B1 (41”); you also have much faster production speeds and coating inline.

“It’s a fantastic productivity tool for direct mail.”

The full press release is here: Hudson Printing is Home to a New Landa S10P Printing Press - Landa Nanography
Thanks. Ive seen the press releases and the brochures. What I (and many others on here) want to know is what is the actual cost of a sheet. Since this isn't an offset press, we would naturally assume that it has a per sheet cost similar to a toner based machine. Sheet 1 cost the same as sheet 1000 and sheet 10000. So what is the "ink" cost per sheet is what we want to know.

To spell it out simply. Those of us with regular toner machines pay a click of $.04 give or take per side on a 12x18 sheet for full color. Since you could get 4 up on a B1 sheet that the S10 prints, would there be significant savings in ink/toner cost over a standard press? Or are you making up the cost with productivity in its print speed and make ready? Although every digital machine has a first sheet make ready.

Thanks. Ive seen the press releases and the brochures. What I (and many others on here) want to know is what is the actual cost of a sheet. Since this isn't an offset press, we would naturally assume that it has a per sheet cost similar to a toner based machine. Sheet 1 cost the same as sheet 1000 and sheet 10000. So what is the "ink" cost per sheet is what we want to know.

To spell it out simply. Those of us with regular toner machines pay a click of $.04 give or take per side on a 12x18 sheet for full color. Since you could get 4 up on a B1 sheet that the S10 prints, would there be significant savings in ink/toner cost over a standard press? Or are you making up the cost with productivity in its print speed and make ready? Although every digital machine has a first sheet make ready.
"I'd like to know the approximate cost per sheet to print using your press"

"Oh ok, here is a testimonial from some random guy you don't know, not talking about price."

Has ANYONE on this forum EVER seen a price to print using a Landa press? People have been asking for years.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back