Where can i find a chart that describes the various KM6501 sytem levels?

VTsignguy

I am currently demo'ing a IKON CPP660 which is a re-badged KM6501. I have read in these pages that the only decent KM6501 is a System 7 configuration. I have the fiery pro80 rip on my and it is running Command Workstation. Well according to command workstation my set up is System 3, and the systems analyst who was in today setting our machine up said i should have a system 8...but back tracked quickly when he saw i had a system 3....so is there a features chart that breaks this down???

Thanks!!

Bizhub PRO C6501

Bizhub PRO C6501

Konica-Minolta, the direct manufacturer, has all of the configurations. There are about 40 different ones.

PRo80 IS System 8 which is what EFI calls that Fiery version for Konica Minolta.
Command WS should be version 4.7...

... which you can retrieve as well as the drivers on the server by plugging in the IP address in a web browser and selecting the Fiery WebTools/Downloads.

ie. 197.160.10.10

I am currently demo'ing a IKON CPP660 which is a re-badged KM6501. I have read in these pages that the only decent KM6501 is a System 7 configuration. I have the fiery pro80 rip on my and it is running Command Workstation. Well according to command workstation my set up is System 3, and the systems analyst who was in today setting our machine up said i should have a system 8...but back tracked quickly when he saw i had a system 3....so is there a features chart that breaks this down???

Thanks!!

Konica Minolta UK: bizhub PRO C6501e/eP - Configurations

??

if your machine looks like this:-

http://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/busi...inting/product-overview/bizhub-pro-c6501.html

then imo you bought the wrong m/c for print-for-pay and are SOL

Last edited:
Ifelton,

I would like to here what the difference is between the 2 boxes as well. Sure looks like the same print engine from the web, just has an HCF and finishers.

My machine looks "similar' to that picture, except it has the double tray feed unit, and the booklet finisher. How can you tell the "software level" of the machine by the picture?

You cannot!

The two printers are basically the same as for the print engine. However, a printing system is not only about the print enginge but also about the (flexible) options available and the software (and/or firmware and microcode) that make up the printing system. IKON probably choose one of the various configurations that KM sells with their PRO C6501e/eP (see configurations tab on the left side). Make sure you really get the specs from YOUR machine, i.e. what efi system and operating system you have.

Well as said earlier there are over 40 possible configurations. The only limitations I am aware of is the the 5501 will only take the small finisher (as seen in link) or a catch tray,.

As far as the 6501 any configuration is possible except if you have a Perfect binder it has to be the last option so no staple finisher. So the options are

You must have a Relay unit for the following, this has an uber decurler in it.

Large stacker (5000 sheet x 2 )
Staple finisher (100 sheet)
Booklet Maker (200 logical sheets) + 5 sheet DLE
Folding unit (6 types of folds + 2 x Post inserter + 2 and 4 hole punch)
Perfect binder

Or

Booklet finsher (same as in link) this does not need a relay unit. Not really a production printer, maybe a glorified catch tray with post inserting, punching, stapeling and booklet making

This site seems to have a comprehensive list of the systems Konica Minolta UK: Product Overview - Compare products.

I don't see why as of late people have started talking about fimware. This rarely has any bearing on the machine other than bug fixes. Except for the one occasion where they changed there mind on the 5501 and allowed to have a PF unit and creo. In any case this is supplied from the manufactuer FOC, we roll it out as soon as we get it.

This site seems to have a comprehensive list of the systems Konica Minolta UK: Product Overview - Compare products.

I don't see why as of late people have started talking about fimware. This rarely has any bearing on the machine other than bug fixes. Except for the one occasion where they changed there mind on the 5501 and allowed to have a PF unit and creo. In any case this is supplied from the manufactuer FOC, we roll it out as soon as we get it.

Well the original question ws about a "IKON CPP660 which is a re-badged KM6501". The KM Overview is not necessarily what is available for an IKON and even the "boxes" are more or less the same you cannot automatically connect the options. The firmware of the IKON has to support the options.

Again, don't confuse the initial author with Konika Minolta Configurations. What he needs is an overview of the IKON configurations and specifications.

The CPP660 supports all the same options as the KM box. As far as the Fiery goes, if you have the Pro80 it is Fiery's System 8 and is probably Version 3 which is the latest and greatest. You can check this by running a config. sheet from Command Workstation. As far as the machine firmware for an Ikon box, it is either Ver. 41 or 50, which is the latest.

The CPP660 supports all the same options as the KM box. As far as the Fiery goes, if you have the Pro80 it is Fiery's System 8 and is probably Version 3 which is the latest and greatest. You can check this by running a config. sheet from Command Workstation. As far as the machine firmware for an Ikon box, it is either Ver. 41 or 50, which is the latest.

yes this is a very nice copier and i am loving it more every day....i do have the pro80 with the latest software and firmware. I am sure i could have a better finisher, but because it is a demo which allows me to get such a great deal on it, i have to take the standard booklet maker with cover inserter, but on the input side i do get the double stacked feed unit. I am very happy, and consider that this is costing me LESS than the C500 with bustled rip and no feed tray or cover inserter. But to be honest the thing that pushed me over the edge was that leasing this machine meant that i would never have to talk to another xerox salesman:D (present company excluded).

These firmware versions are consistent with KM. I would say the only difference is the badge.

My machine looks like VTSignguys' machine, what's wrong with that? I can't read the tea leaves,how about some real, solid information, IFelton, if you are going to make statements like that. I really respect your input on this form, Ifelton, but I'm at loss here,
Regards,

Ooops... sorry, I was typing one handed while feeding my small son with the other. m/c made perfect sense to me as an abbreviation for "machine", but I can see now that's gibberish. My bad, sorry for the confusion.

I posted two links. The first was to the page where you can view all the combinations available for the C6501e/eP, and was in response to VTsignguy's request (I hope that helped).

The second link was to a base configuration machine and was to make a simple point, i.e. that the 6501 is also available as the print engine with very little else. It's still a 6501, but if your expectations are that you are going to get good registration, flat sheets, accurate colour etc. then IMO with the basic machine you are going to be disappointed. I think the reasons should be pretty self explanatory; for example you CAN have a basic photocopier type feeder tray, but that's not going to give you the same level of accuracy and productivity as an LS-502 with air seperation, pre-heaters, paper thickness adjustment, gripper adjustment etc, etc.

Again, sorry for the confusion, I won't try and post off quick answers to people's questions again!

Ooops... sorry, I was typing one handed while feeding my small son with the other. m/c made perfect sense to me as an abbreviation for "machine", but I can see now that's gibberish. My bad, sorry for the confusion.

I posted two links. The first was to the page where you can view all the combinations available for the C6501e/eP, and was in response to VTsignguy's request (I hope that helped).

The second link was to a base configuration machine and was to make a simple point, i.e. that the 6501 is also available as the print engine with very little else. It's still a 6501, but if your expectations are that you are going to get good registration, flat sheets, accurate colour etc. then IMO with the basic machine you are going to be disappointed. I think the reasons should be pretty self explanatory; for example you CAN have a basic photocopier type feeder tray, but that's not going to give you the same level of accuracy and productivity as an LS-502 with air seperation, pre-heaters, paper thickness adjustment, gripper adjustment etc, etc.

Again, sorry for the confusion, I won't try and post off quick answers to people's questions again!

My machine has the LS-502 but the finisher is different than on the "options" page you point to. Ikon calls it a "booklet finisher" but it does not look much different than the "folder" on the KM page. But it does fold and staple...which for me is enough. The curious thing is that is does not have that tiny spacer between the box and the finisher that is shown in the KM literature...i will try and take a picture and post it here.

The tiny spacer is called a Relay unit. It has three functions. 1. Decurler, The engine has a decurler but this has a heavy duty version that will pretty much flatten anything. 2. Cools the paper. 3. Speeds the paper up for the accesories. The accesories (aside from VTsignguy's) run 105ppm so the sheets need to speed up to match.

The tiny spacer is called a Relay unit. It has three functions. 1. Decurler, The engine has a decurler but this has a heavy duty version that will pretty much flatten anything. 2. Cools the paper. 3. Speeds the paper up for the accesories. The accesories (aside from VTsignguy's) run 105ppm so the sheets need to speed up to match.

Thanks..looks like i don't need that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back