Where to Buy OEM Ricoh 7110 Toner

printox

Hello, print community. Hopefully someone has an answer to this question. Where is the best place to buy OEM Ricoh 7110 toner? So far Ricoh seems to have the highest prices directly.

Yeah, ebay makes me nervous! I found it online from a seller for 225. Ricoh quoted me almost 400. Im sure is their top dollar retail price.

Ricoh is ending my service contract on my 7110 later this year so if you come across someone I would be interested as well as I will be starting my search soon.

gmsupplies seems like a good vendor. I just tried my first toner cartridge.

Does anyone know what a good maintenance schedule plan would look like? I am new to this machine.
If most consumables were exhausted after 70,000 clicks for example, I could hire a tech and replace the parts at 60,000. Even better if there was a tech that was video or phone support for the changes since staffing is such an issue.

I would be curious where a company like that gets their stock. Ricoh doesn't sell parts on the open market, especially not their toner. The toner may be old stock from a returned machine. Modern toner is fragile, meaning it has to be stored correctly, in the right temperature, or it will become unusable pretty quickly. Hardened toner is horrible to get out of a machine, often requiring a lot of very expensive parts to be replaced, like a several thousand dollar development unit.

GM Supplies DOES have a buy back program. My understanding is that they are very careful about what they purchase. They have been in business for 53 years and have no BBB complaints and 4.8 stars on Goggle reviews (94% 5 star). None of the lesser reviews had anything to do with product quality, and few had anything to do with product at all.

But, to answer your question, most sites that sell branded product are dealer owned or dealer affiliated. Either independent dealers that represent multiple brands, or a site that has a network of independent dealers. In either case, the dealer probably makes more money selling supplies online than machines locally.

I would be curious where a company like that gets their stock. Ricoh doesn't sell parts on the open market, especially not their toner. The toner may be old stock from a returned machine. Modern toner is fragile, meaning it has to be stored correctly, in the right temperature, or it will become unusable pretty quickly. Hardened toner is horrible to get out of a machine, often requiring a lot of very expensive parts to be replaced, like a several thousand dollar development unit.
Experienced this problem today. Ran into hickeys yesterday during a rush job (of course) and couldn't get them to go away. Ricoh tech came out and figured out the cyan toner bottle was bad. When you shake it, you can hear stuff banging around in there. Second or third time we've had a problem with toner direct from Ricoh.

That is nuts. So far we have had good luck with gmsupplies. However, its supposed to be all the same whether its direct from Ricoh or not. The packaging is identical.

That is nuts. So far we have had good luck with gmsupplies. However, its supposed to be all the same whether its direct from Ricoh or not. The packaging is identical.
True, but if it is a buy-back product you really don't know what it has been through. Was it stored in an unusually hot location? If so you could get some clumping. But direct from Ricoh is not good.

ADD: Of course, you don't know where it has been during the trip to your location. It could leave the warehouse just fine and end up sitting on a hot truck somewhere. Especially if it's high on a shelf rather than down on the floor surrounded by other boxes.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back