Which ink stay open or skins?

Green Printer

Registered Users
Which ink would you buy stay fresh, stay open type or one that skins in a few days?

Which do you consider more environmental friendly?

We use Braden Sutphin Earth Pride Tuff Skuff, when it skins in the can it is more rubbery and we seem to loose less ink when the skin is removed. It also drys like a champ.

Shackell Edwards (UK company) manufacture a specific stay open four colour set called 'Impact Stay Open'. All their sets are vegetable based.

Jdmil

Jdmil

We use Braden Sutphin Earth Pride Tuff Skuff, when it skins in the can it is more rubbery and we seem to loose less ink when the skin is removed. It also drys like a champ.

I use Toyo it never skins and sets up fast on enamel.
You can run heavy 4/c coverage and by the time you wash blankets and hang plates the jobs ready to backup.
You can leave it in your foutain all week with no problem.
Hope this helps.
John

You can run heavy 4/c coverage and by the time you wash blankets and hang plates the jobs ready to backup.
Hope this helps.
John

we have the same luck with hostmann steinberg INKredible rapida inks. but they don't dry very well on uncoated

Hope this helps.
John

John, which Toyo set do you use?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back