Who uses Prinergy EVO?

benr

Hi, I'm looking for some information about which kind of shops/businesses actually use Prinergy EVO.

I'd like to talk to some companies with current practical experience of the system.

Thanks, Ben

We've been using EVO since 2005. It's a great system. My understanding is that it's just Prinergy without the job database.

We're a commercial offset shop running 20-micron Staccatto imaged on a rebuilt Trendsetter. EVO makes plates for the four presses we run, ranging from an old Multilith (which prints Staccatto just fine!) to a 29" Heidelberg. It's very stable and flexible.

Last edited:
Added it to my prior post. Commercial offset, ranging from business forms to 4-color agency work. Evo's a dead stable RIP, very full-featured and easy to use.

Actually, when we first installed it, it was making 1-bit TIFFs for an old filmsetter. Never let me down in that capacity either. Just a dream upgrade from our previous CT/LW system.

Last edited:
we've been using it here for a few years now. commercial print, three 40" heidelbergs from 4 color to 8 color, plus a few smaller presses. Its a good workflow. If you have more than a couple of operators, its worthwhile to double up on the common JTP licenses (RIP, TRAP, Low res print) so your jobs don't queue up. The system is also very easy to install and set up. After a couple of years I ditched the POS server that Kodak makes you buy with it and installed it on a new top of the line Dell. Much faster.

Anyone need to buy another one?

Going out of business and have a barely touched, well spec'd EVO server looking for a home.

Reply for more details...

Ben

evo for Christmas gift?

evo for Christmas gift?

We can have a home for that unused evo.

Is complete, are de DVD, the dongle, wich licences?

For what brand of ctp was intended?

Where in world are you?

Miguel Sanchez
from Lima; Peru.

[email protected]

an EVO user

an EVO user

I work with Presto Printing in Conway, AR. We have been using the Kodak EVO system for two years. I will be glad to answer any question I can. We are a small job shop. We do everything from business cards to slick cover 4-color booklets. Phone: 501-327-5292

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back