Why?(2)

to borrow from another conundrum, why is the color accuracy of a printed piece always inversely proportional to it's importance?

Direct mail advertising is a lot like that. Have you ever received a piece in the mail and thought to yourself: "Man, this is a GREAT offer, and, coincidently, I AM in the market for a new vehicle PLUS, they are giving away a prize. I'd sure like to go, but, do you see where the color is a little washed-out in the lower left-hand corner? That's it, I'm not going.........

WHY must the US Postal Service over-complicate the regulations for things that are trivial or insignificant?

(Really, is there ANY difference between the maximum height for a letter-size single-sheet postcard at 6 and 1/8 inches versus the maximum height of a letter-size folded self-mailer or booklet at 6 inches. Why not make them both 6-inches, or, both 6 and 1/8 inches)?

Last edited:
Ok, here's a classic that has forced mankind to ponder the endless "why's":

Why do hot dogs come 10 to a package, but, hot dog buns only come 8 to a package?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back