Will Epson 9880 ink lines be clogged?

PrePressRelic

We are looking at an Epson 9880 at an auction, and has been sitting since May of 2009. Will the ink lines be dried up by now? And if so, what/how would be the best action to take to make sure the lines get cleared? Thanks in advance.

We dont use our 9880 all that often but we do keep it plugged in.
The print heads in the 9880 were redesigned for better keeping but you might still have an issue.
I have not heard of the inks actually drying in the lines from that short of a time but anything is possible.

Ask them to plug it in and run a few print head cleaning cycles. Then run the print head test pattern to confirm that all of the heads are firing.
You might be in for a full set of inks to blow the lines out. It shouldn't be too bad though.

You'll probably be ok as long as the head was in the parked position. I just revived a 7800 that has been sitting unused for about 1.5 years. Last I checked the printer was in December 08, and a few clogged nozzles cleared up rather quickly. I did an init fill with all new cartridges because all of the ink in the printer was well past the expiration date.

Bret

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back