Workflow, from MIS to shipping.

Hey guys, we are looking to automate our workflow. Most everything is done manually now which is becoming an ever growing problem.
We want to buy a suite of products to help us from the estimating, job tracking, job submission, mang of jobs throughtout shop including bindery mailings shipping, and customer notifications of job completions.
Recommendations?

I think you'll find that your best solution will be a combination of products, each being best-in-class, and suited for specific tasks. Some tasks in a workflow are very obvious, like the ripping of the imposition flats to produce proofs and plates - without it you have no workflow at all. Being such an obvious need, multiple vendors offer really great solutions, and I expect you'll find no shortage of options. Other tasks have historically had very little attention thrown at them. Eight years ago we decided to tackle the task of automated job planning and automated imposition. Since then Metrix has grown to be a very mature part of an automated workflow, now approaching 1100 seats, running on Mac and Windows, in 22 countries.

I find that it's not unusual to find a shop that has a fantastic web portal, great MIS, fantastic prepress workflow, but yet their layouts are still being planned manually, and then a Preps operator is carefully assembling it all prior to making plates. Great automation tools... and a guy with a pad of paper, pencil and a calculator.

Check out the success other Metrix users have had - from very small to very large shops - by reading some of their stories in the 'How will Metrix help your business' section on our homepage: LithoTechnics - Metrix, planning and imposition software for commercial, combo and gang run printing. If you have any questions, let me know.

Davo Laninga
Metrix Project Manager
LithoTechnics - Metrix, planning and imposition software for commercial, combo and gang run printing

PressWise

Yes, I am quite Biased.

1450 a month. 6k set up. Cloudy SaaS. There are others, that is what we develop. Great API for third party storefronts if you happen to have a customer who linkes on and is not interested in using your home grown storefront or the storefront that comes with PressWise.

Exports to QuickBooks and Peachtree or XML/CSV if that is a requirement, most invoice directly from PressWise.

DPI uses it, as does R&R

Custom management

Custom management

In my research we didn't want to change all our computers out and such so we had/ have, being made our own system made in Filemaker Software. There are a LOT of systems out there, but we wanted on that was relevant to how we operate on our equipment. We looked at all the different versions of MIS software and the one that intrigued was Printers Plan.
Feel free to contact me.
Good luck!

Hey guys, we are looking to automate our workflow. Most everything is done manually now which is becoming an ever growing problem.
We want to buy a suite of products to help us from the estimating, job tracking, job submission, mang of jobs throughtout shop including bindery mailings shipping, and customer notifications of job completions.
Recommendations?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back