Workflows - Which one is the best?

dgreen64

After a year of researching, we are still trying to decide on a work-flow. They all promise the same things, but which one is really the best? We are looking at Rampage, Kodak, & Heidelberg. I want to make sure I make the best decision, especially since they are so expensive!

We are a small print shop. We do print 4c, also a lot of MS Office files. Any advice?

I don't think there is a "best" workflow out there..it's whichever is going to be best for you..probably not the answer you wanted :p

When we shopped around, our hardware was still up in the air, so we tended towards RAMpage because of its ability to connect with just about any device.

Think about all the devices you are going to "plug" into the workflow (Proofers, imagers, MIS, CIP4/JDF) and ask questions from each vendor how they will do it and what it's going to cost.

I worked 3 years in Heidelberg Prinect & 2 years in Kodak Prinergy Connect.
I think that Prinergy is better than Prinect.

Workflow-which is best?

Workflow-which is best?

I agree, there is no one workflow that is "best", it boils down to what your needs are, and if the solution will do the job and stay within budget. I have been in workflow for many years (Agfa) and now with ECRM handling the WorkMates product. WorkMates is designed for the small to medium size printer, looking for basic workflow with value and performance.

I will be at Graph Expo, but can give you a webinar if you are not attending. Come visit us in booth #5442.

Mike Mierjeski
ECRM Imaging Systems

You named all the big boys that you have looked at and I'm sure you are shocked at the price tag. What output device do you have currently and what if any do you plan on getting in the future. These are very important questions that you need to look at before you decide on a Workflow. As an ECRM dealer, I can vouch for their Workflow. We also support the Harlequin and Adobe solutions from Xitron. With Graph Expo around the corner, you should definitely make sure to go to test drive the Workflows that are available.

There are a lot of bells and whistles that can be added onto all of the Workflows. Only you, with proper unbiased guidance can make the determination on the options that you require. Remember that options can be added at a later date if you are not ready for them now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back