Working with Colorcon ink products? Help!!!!!

lkite

Is there someone out their that has experience working with Colorcon ink products? Colorcon is a food grade offset ink (if you can call it an ink) that we use on a food grade paper (again if you can call it paper) to print slip sheets for candy boxes. If any one has advice working with this product, your input would be welcome.

Thanks Larry

Re: Working with Colorcon ink products? Help!!!!!

Can you be more specific about what the problem is? In my experience, these were inks that behaved in a normal manner, but were not made with toxic materials so that food contact was allowed. Like ink for butter wrappers, or ink to print an M&M candy.

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

We are running a Heid 6 color 40” with Alcolor dampening system. The run sizes range from 1000 I to 50,000 I.

We use Colorcon No-Tox process as well as several other colors.

The inks appear to be incompatible with our fountain solution / dampening system. It is impossible to manage ink density. We are just trying to keep it from looking bad. Ink / water balance is nearly impossible to maintain. Too wet – too dry, scumming – washing out. Ink tracks back into the dampening system.

We are using Prisco 141-143 Fountain concentrate and Alkaless 3000 sub. We have tried other Prisco products only to achieve the same results.

We have four operators with over 100 years combined printing experience and we are all at a loss as how to work with this product.

Have you tried a one setp fountain solution that is very mild? I believe because the ink componenets are not pigments like conventional inks, the two step fount is too aggressive on the ink. I can send you one gallon to test, if you need 5 gallons, I can send it on performance guarantee ie if you like it only you pay for it. The dosage is 4-4.5 oz/gallon.
George John
Technical sales
Universal Graphic Solutions
Grand Rapids,MI
269-271-7113

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back