Would like to do this in AE...

StillWaiting

Would love to be able to print 1-bit TIIFs in color to our color laser printer as we did in Nexus. (see screen capture)
We have to send a PDF to Nexus to do this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 2.47.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 2.47.37 PM.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 192
Ok. That seems to be a start. How do I get the 1-bit TIIFs that are written by my Nexus RIP and not the AE Box back to AE?

Create a Automation Engine workflow that sends to Nexus. On the back of your nexus workflow use the Copy to Backstage or Automation Engine task. That will return the tiffs to the automation engine workflow. Once returned, have the next step in your workflow be a create wrapper task.

Create a Automation Engine workflow that sends to Nexus. On the back of your nexus workflow use the Copy to Backstage or Automation Engine task. That will return the tiffs to the automation engine workflow. Once returned, have the next step in your workflow be a create wrapper task.

Thanks jeffkin15 I'll give that a try.

OK. It's bringing the tiffs back at a very low resolution. Almost un-readable. And not in color. I read the User guide/support but it is not very helpful.
I'm trying to bring back the tiffs and print each tiff separation in the color that it is to my color laser printer. Example: tiff: R1827.PBLUE072C.tif that comes back from Nexus (2400dpi, 150ls) prints as 072 to my printer. We like to print out the separations in color because it's a great visual reference for the platemaker.

Everything. I sent files from AE to Nexus to be ripped, returned them to AE. Wrapped them using a create wrapper task. Printed to Epson. They came out in color.

Everything. I sent files from AE to Nexus to be ripped, returned them to AE. Wrapped them using a create wrapper task. Printed to Epson. They came out in color.

You printed individual separations, not a composite, and they came out in color? Example: If the PDF has 4 colors: Cyan, Pantone 032 Red, Black, Pantone 293 Blue, each of those separation actually prints in that color, when printing separations. In my original post there is a screen capture from Nexus RIP that has a "Seps in Color" option. That is what I'm trying to achieve!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back